Peruvian Tilapia Ceviche Recipe
Posted On 12월 10, 2019
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tilapia fillets, cubed into small chunks
- 15 limes, cut in half
- 1 white onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped, more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to cook Peruvian Tilapia Ceviche:
- Cut fish into small pieces.
- Squeeze lime halves over the fish pieces in a large bowl. (A hand juicer works nicely for this.)
- Be sure all of the pieces are completely covered with lime juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set it in the refrigerator to marinate overnight or for at least 12 hours. (The acidity of the lime juice cooks, or cures, the tilapia.)
- Remove from the refrigerator, do not drain.
- Chop onion, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno and add it into the marinated fish.
- Mix in olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with assorted crackers as an appetizer.
Ceviche (also spelled as cebiche, seviche or cevice) is a form of citrus marinated seafood salad, popular in many Latin American countries, originating in the Viceroyalty of Peru.